Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun Shang Xiang

Smile Sun Shang Xiang

why did they make it so long.

Who is your favorite character?[s]

Sun Shang Xiang (DW5) is a great character overall, her moveset is nice and quick for crowd clearing and easy to use and adapt to , her VA is great and the character design is good-looking but I prefer her DW6 appearance. Though i'm not much of a fan of tomboy-ish girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabranth View Post
    Sun Shang Xiang (DW5) is a great character overall, her moveset is nice and quick for crowd clearing and easy to use and adapt to , her VA is great and the character design is good-looking but I prefer her DW6 appearance. Though i'm not much of a fan of tomboy-ish girls.
    Whoa what did I miss!? Since when has Sun Shang Xiang been a tomboy? I thought she was one of those annoying, disgustingly cute girls with a voice that will make your ears bleed. Also, she's got the kind of personality which makes me think that her sole purpose as a DW character is to make a joke out of women in general.

This isn't tomboy-ish. This is syrup, honey and marshmallows... WITH FRILLS!

(I wouldn't hate SSX so much if she had even ONE tomboy-ish polygon in her)
    Last edited by Outi; 21-02-09 at 10:06 AM.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

Like I said; DW5.

In the past DW games she was always a tough tomboy-ish girl both looking and personality.
    Its a shame that they totally changed her personality on 6...

In DW6, you wouldn't hear her say something this:
    "You've toyed with us long enough, you evil crone!"
    "No... Let me go, let me go, you big ape!"
    "I never thought you to be a coward, brother!"

Those quotes didn't really convince me of anything, but still... So she used to be at least almost like a human being in the earlier games!?
    Sounds like I got the short end of the stick again with DW6 X(
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

I actually dont mind her...I didnt really like her before DW6 actually, the Chakram just wasnt all that fun to use, and her costume and tomboy attitude just gave me the sh!ts after a while ^^

Never really liked her. Well, never really wanting an urge to use her more like. Though I've always done her story and got her weapons though. I found she was more exciting in 6 thanks to her unbeatable uses. Though her voice made me cringe a bit.

Outi, she was more of a personality before 6. Like a tomboy who promoted girl power. She had her love for Liu Bei and loved her relatives just as much.

I did like the chakram as it had a nice hitting area on most C4 and horse charge. 2 minor downsides however were SSX defense and actually hitting for little damage. Her personality was average, but the voice did make my ears bleed in DW3 (Got used to it though).

SSX in DW6 now only hits straight up or straight ahead on most of her attacks .I guess it do not matter when your enemies are miles away. Personality wise, it is unique for the DW series, so I guess I wont complain.

I liked her chakrams better than her new bow. And althought I liked the character design in DW6, it didn't conviced me completely. I would've liked more if she remained a little bit more similar to her previous incarnation, both in aesthetics and personality aspects. She was one of the characters that I continuosly played with in DW5.

Well Sun Shang Xiang is my favourite Female character in the dynasty warriors series.
    when i first played as her in DW3 i didn't like her so much
    but then eventually i kept on playing as her and got to like her more!

Thread Information