Thread: Pang De

Default Pang De

Firstly, my reaction to the lack of a Pang De topic in this sub forum.

And secondly, the introduction ;P
    Pang De, originally served under Ma Teng before surrendering later to Cao Cao thus making him a Wei general. He was renowned for his bravery and loyalty.

There is just something about him game that draws me to him in game, his whole demeanour in combat and such an excellent voice actor. Level headed in all aspects. In a way that I can empathise with his views, similar to Cao Ren in a way. His moveset is also pretty good, only drawback would be his speed (or lack thereof) but that is to be expected with his clunky armour and it can be easily be remedied with a reasonable mount.

I'm one who still hopes that he might be re-added into the series along the way, with a similar attitude and VA. Such a shame that he was cut.
    Anyway, here's the place to discuss Pang De in all his glory.

... I hate having a active imagination.

On topic, Pang De is a good character for personality and to play. On the play side he is slow to attack but he can take hits and deal them.C4 is a nice attack for range in front as well.

His personality is good for actually not thinking he is the greatest warrior since himself and himself and Lu Bu (which doesnt apply to every one but most of the warriors). Also the VA is good, and the calm focused attitude. I do think someone who prepares his own coffin before battle has my respect in any case.

To be honest, he is one of the only Wei characters that I can actually tolerate.

He was actually really good in DW5 and WO1, his moveset was really good, it had great range, and killing capabilities and his design and voice was also very well done

His one flaw would be what Astus already said...his speed, its just excruciatingly slow that its just a pain to get from one place to the next -_-

Other than that, I really like him as a character and also as a historical figure

Yeah, loyal guy and good moveset, but his lack of running speed lets him down. To be expected though, like Astus has said. Though you would never expect Zhuge Liang to run like he does in DW6 lol.

Pang De is the best Wei character ever. he has a good storyline, he was strong, clever (enough), u could do SO much with him! and his horse attacks are great! he is such a vital character ( i wondered how they done the battle at tong gate on DW6 PS2 [in japan] without him!!)

I didn't like the way Pang De was portrayed in Dynasty Warriors 5, seemed like everything was going wrong in his life and judging by his voice he was about to hang his self anytime soon. Silly bunny.

Lol, that expresion is so hilarious. But, indeed is just the expresion that also came on me when I discovered Pang De and all the other characters being removed in DW6. I like Pang De. And i'm curious to know how he would've looked if he was in the game, since all the characters gained such a refreshed design. Except for this speed issue,I don't think he had real problems in gameplay, and even with that, I could live happy. His weapons are cool and uncommon, wich a like a lot.

Well, I just ask they bring him back (alongside with all the missing ones) if not for DW6 Empires, wich is almost a fact, then for DW7 or future versions. Pleeeeaaasseee.....

I don't like Pang De that much for a new character that was introduced in DW5. He is slow, doesn't have much personality, his musou was a piece of crap and I really didn't like that heavy armor that was on him which probably was the thing that made him slower. His weapons on the other hand gave him good long range of attacks and that was it. Everything else about him makes him one of those characters that doesn't stand out to me at all. It would've been nice if they added him in DW6 with a completely new look but I guess Zhang Liao did it for him.
    http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad22/Quanji/Fanbars/JLZ.png

Hm,Pang De has a boring personallity...he's slow...
    But his moveset is great. It has long range,he's strong. If he would move in his musou attack,it would be great.
    He shouldn't have been cut from the game. If they gave him more personallity and make him a bit faster,then he could get an excellent character to play with.

Pang De is awesome! I loved his fighting style (what now is more Zhang Liao's DW6 fighting style)

Pang De is one of those characters I want to have back in the game

I wonder if it's true, that he's familiar conected with Pang Tong O_O'
    I'm Zhang Liao! Flee now, if you wish to live!

Thread Information