Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tadakatsu Honda

Default Tadakatsu Honda

Tadakatsu Honda is my favourite character in samurai warriors by far i think he was better in sw2 as that is when he was most powerful and with is musou you get get 2000 hit combos

Tadakatsu is a beast in gameplay however I found his personality rather boring. I guess loyalty to that extent bores me.

Yeah, his voice isn't that good. Sure it fits his appearance, but there's some really odd and dodgy lines he says. The English dialogue for him has always been poor and makes him sound a little too dum.

Moveset-wise though, extremely powerful and extremely cool.

Tadakatsu is a great character, but i prefer him as an opponent rather than playing with him. Sure he is very poweful but I don't get along to well with his moveset and musou.

Overall quotes i didn't like it either, his VA's makes some quotes rather funny in SW2 such as the character select screen: "My might will crush the enemy" and "I will never give up, never!"

Although he isnt one of my favourites, he is still an alright character to use... his charges are quite useful when you get them right...and his musou, even though there's not much movement, can get several enemies if you control it right

His design and VA in SW2 are alright...he just isnt one of those stand out characters of mine...he just blends into the wall for me

In all fairness, most of Tadakastus lines could easily of been said by a generic officer. He was a generic officer in SW1 now that I think about it.

Tadakatsu is a tank. He has a killer moveset, a great personal theme and a top voice actor to sum things up. Although he is a bit slow on the movement speed, he has so many other super aspects about him which make up for it. In my opinion he is definitely the "Lu Bu" of SW.

Tadakatsu is a great character with his spear at hand. I don't use him alot but he is enjoyable overall with his moveset and musou attacks.
    http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad22/Quanji/Fanbars/JLZ.png

When playing WO2 I remembered just how amazing his old attire was. I can even remember seeing the first few videos of SW2 and seeing his new outfit which did not impress me much - those trousers came to mind straight away.

Tadakatsu, probably not quite as intimidating as Lu Bu from DW, but he is not far behind either.

While his personality is not his finest point his voice acting and loyalty to Ieyasu is great. As for using him, what he lacks in foot speed he certainly makes up for powerful spear techniques offering excellent range and power. I really loved his special move as well. "I'm Tadakatsu!" where he makes a relatively slow powerful attack - but gets a nice Musou gauge boost to go with it. With that you can have a Musou ready far more often, also making him much safer to use.

Thread Information