Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the DW6 weapons / movesets more realistic?

Default Are the DW6 weapons / movesets more realistic?

Dian Wei's old Axe Throw move is something I missed terribly when trying to play my (previously) favourite character in his new Dynasty Warriors 6 guise.

That said, I find it hard to credit that any axe could be thrown in such a way that it could act like a boomerang.

I have not played DW6 enough to get a feeling for the matter, but is it possible that some of the new weapons / movesets have been introduced to produce more "realism" in the game?

I guess it's a given that some of the magician characters can perform magic and so can do "impossible" things, but for other characters are the new moves more realistic?

For all those players who's favourite characters have also had their weapons / moves changed I have a question.

Is there some action in the old moveset that quite frankly was a bit hard to believe? How about the new moveset?

What say you?
    Last edited by civiliza; 06-03-09 at 11:57 AM.

I think that the new renbu system is more realistic, the characters move flow much better now thanbefore.

My favourite character used to be Pang Tong because of his musou attack, unfortunately he lost that in dynasty warriors 6 and became incredibly weak as a warrior.

didn't they do something like use motion capture on someone actually Using the weapons for 6?

it's a LOT more realistic.

and still freaking awesome, though useually in the little things rather than big dramatic crazyness.

the way Zhou Yu flips his opponent over[i Think that's how that move starts], then the guy just starts to raise his head to get up, only to get a face full of staff as Zhou Yu just casually slams the end down on the guys head, behind his back? priceless. [i don't think he even Looks. hehehe]

'course, most of the swords are kinda boring. Sun Shang Xiang hopping around with her bow can be quite fun too, once you unlock he higher renbu levels.

but yeah. a lot less utterly impossible moves.

which means if they ever apply it to samurai warriors... i wonder if they'll get rid of such silliness as the cannon spear? [i mean, i can see that working, but there's no WAY it would have more than one shot. and you'd need an entirely different guy around to carry the reloads. maybe even a wagon. hehehe.]

sorry, got a little distracted there. but yeah.

short answer: yes. way more realistic.

not really more realistic, i mean in dian wei's mousu his weapon completely disapears,
    and so does everyones weapon when they climb a ladder,
    zhou yu would never be able to kill so many people with a stick,
    zhang fei cant kill someone by screaming,
    and still many objects are not breacking or scratching,
    sima yi's weapon is 100% improbable,
    zhuge liang kills people with wind? come on? is that more realistic?
    oh and the icing on top of the cake, liu bei dual swords, big ones!
    it was said impossible to fight with two swords like that so early in history, these weren't daggers they were bigass swords that liu bei flung around easily and flawlessly.

in an effort to make things more realistic koei failed, personally i like it being unrealistic moves and weapons,
    but i would like more realistic warfare envolved

to be honest i like it how it is as if it got to realistic it would be boring because most people can only swing a sword back and forth but in dynasty warriors you can do cool moves what i like that is just my opinion and hopefully you get what i mean

my favorite & more realistic fighting style is that of xiahou dun`s
    Also i`m disapointed they made so many clones only the character changes but not the style
    other than that the characters who own a sword are much more realistics due to the sword swings & technique
    Last edited by Yurisatan; 27-04-09 at 02:04 PM. Reason: more ideas

Quote Originally Posted by 64crayons View Post
    not really more realistic, i mean in dian wei's mousu his weapon completely disapears,
    and so does everyones weapon when they climb a ladder,
    zhou yu would never be able to kill so many people with a stick,
    zhang fei cant kill someone by screaming,
    and still many objects are not breacking or scratching,
    sima yi's weapon is 100% improbable,
    zhuge liang kills people with wind? come on? is that more realistic?
    oh and the icing on top of the cake, liu bei dual swords, big ones!
    it was said impossible to fight with two swords like that so early in history, these weren't daggers they were bigass swords that liu bei flung around easily and flawlessly.

in an effort to make things more realistic koei failed, personally i like it being unrealistic moves and weapons,
    but i would like more realistic warfare envolved
    1 the idea i think is that Dian Wei throws the ball in the air (remember he was a beast ofa man)
    2. Zhang Fei shouting to kill is a mickeytake of whathe did at Chang Ban scaring the wei troops to holdthem back.
    3. it doesn't say kills it says KO's whih is very possible with a staff (not a stick) and there are several points that can be crushed and which are softer than others, and the fact that Zhou Yu's staff has metal on the ends which could well be sharp, so he could bash their heads in.

rant over.

i think they were more successful in realisticness than other games, the fact that you can climb ladders, the fact you can swim, the fact engineers build weapons on site, the fact the are rockslide men who throws rocks at you. the fact you dont have 4-6 moves before you suddenly stop and the movesets themselves, based on a number of martial arts.

also sorry rant not over,
    it could well have been possible to swing two big ass swords so well and flawlessly, you dont know, you weren't aroun at the time.
    however i dont think Liu Bei should have those weapons though,however i'm glad Lu Xun doesn't either i prefer him alot
    i dont lie, i bend the truth

the only unchangeable thing is that things change.

http://www.thegamehomepage.com/stupidity/0.gif

lol they only changed the moveset for more thrill plus the combos and moveset was the same through DW1(dynasty warriors) to WO2(warriors orochi). mayb some fans were complaining about having the same moveset over and over? XD i dunno its all just a guess

Ok as for the more realism argument all I have to say is Cross Pike. seriously. Anywho i'm not a big fan of Lu Bu's Crosspikes or Sun Ce losing his tonfa. I miss xiahou Dun's Scimitar i think i much prefered the old move sets. It didnt matter after a limited number of swings your combo ended if done right you only needed that limited number. (Lu Bu's c3 is a good example) My only real problem with the new system that i dont seem to get over is that you cant correctly chain the triangles into your combo. it took away al lot of the move set options. and yes i know you can still chain in the triangles if timed correctly but its really not the same concept at all.

I think they were more realistic. Flowed better, although Zhao Yun was very acrobatic with his spear.
    SW3 Friend Code: 3395-7139-6283

Thread Information