Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite or least favorite DW battles?

Default Your favorite or least favorite DW battles?

My favorites would likely be the ones with enjoyable cutscenes or heroic displays, like Zhao Yun at Chang Ban and Zhang Liao at He Fei. The stages must have good music as well to be classified as favorites. And Hu Lao Gate, Wu Zhang Plains, I guess it really just differs from game to game.

Hu Lao Gate because I've always loved listening to Lu Bu's theme and seeing his entrance cutscenes in each.

My all-time worst stages would likely be the Nanman levels. I've never really liked them, especially since I'm no fan of the music, and the fact the maps are generally large and needing to kill Meng Huo 7 times to unlock him...

What are yours?

my favourite battle is He Fei Castle and the yellow turban rebellion LOL
    because i laways go on them to level up my characters on DW6 its way easy LOL
    and my Least Favourite is Li Ying because when your on Wu Forses nd on that maze i can never figure it out LOL well i do in the end tho lol
    and plus i dnt lyk dat battle bcoz Gan Ning gets killed there! LOL

♥GanNing4Eva

my favs are Xu Chang Castle (DW6 & DW4), Wu Zhang Plains, Tian Shui, Fan Castle and Hu Lao Gate. i've never liked Nanman, Yellow Turban Rebellion (although i have grown to DW6 one) and Yi Ling, not because of the maze, but because the whole reasoning behind the level, the fact Liu Bei attacks out of vengeance.... poor Liu Bei.....

Xu Chang is a cool level in 6 mainly due to the music. I also really love the ending of Zhou Yu's for that stage as well. It's like what KOEI did with Sun Ce and Zhou Yu in 4's opening of chapter 2. You know, where Zhou Yu saves Sun Ce's back. KOEI loves highlighting his hair, his hair is all on show in the opening of DW4, too. So I guess Koei have always wanted to give these two a bit of combat in their cutscenes. And another example is Hu Lao in 6 where they first meet in the title. To show their young spirit and bond I guess...

Hmm... if I recall correctly, GanNing4Eva, Yi Ling in 6 from the right entrance can be solved by going left, right, left and right. I'm pretty sure that's one way that I normally took.

i like hu luao gate its long fun and lubu,
    yes thats right long fun and lu bu,
    three adjectives that make a great level,
    also it feels very layed back,

i really just dont like that other battle with lubu (forgot the name...)
    i dont know why i just dont

You mean Xia Pi? I like that stage, especially like the Oriental Rush music in DW6. Though I think the actual level was better in 5 than 6.

Hmm favourite battles well I'll chose one from each of games I've played.

DW3- Favourite Battle of Wu Zhang Plains Shu+Wei- Large, tons of enemies and officers to take on and quite challenging everything I want in a stage.

Worst Pirate attack- While the other 2 bandit stages aren't that good either I find this one so easy it's pathetic at least you can get actual officers with the others but not this one and it's really easy.

DW4- Battle of Guan Du was defintely my favourite on this one while worst have to go with the nanman as your morale just plummeted all the time on that one making your allies incredibly weak which was always a pain.

DW5- Battle of He Fei is my favourite on this one especially when you control Zhang Liao and make the enemy panic as slaughter them. Worst battle of Hu Lao Gate not only is it the easiest Hu Lao Gate but the fact that you can just completely ignore Lu Bu and go around the gate to smack Dong Zhuo I find a bit silly.

DW6-Battle of Chi Bi is my favourite here with controlling the boats, being able to swim I find really improves the stage a lot and can be quite a challenge getting all the objectives. Worst battle is Chang Ban Wei side oh god this mission is usually a case of just chasing Liu Bei screw everyone else just go after him or your probably going to let him escape which I find really annoying compared to the previous chang ban's.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."

I agree with your DW5 choice of best, Zhang Liao's whole Musou Mode was my favorite out of the game. I feel it had the better quotes and cutscenes. He Fei really did justice to him, really showed his best through the quote interactions, especially Sun Quan's quote about him taking on his army by himself.

DW6 Chang Ban is a bit of a pain, yeah. In the old games like DW3, Liu Bei would just wait for his officers to escape so that would drag the time on a bit. Whereas in 6 it's just all about rushing him, which is the whole idea behind it really. Perhaps they just took it one step too far, though.

Ermm.. He Fei Wei Forces Is Kool And Easy To Level Up Characters

i love the battle of He Fei. Zhang Liao is so awesome. and its where Gan Ning and Ling Tong become friends! (yay!) i absolutely agree with little dragonz though, i hate the nanman levels. especially on DW4. your men get hashed and unless your the commander you get screwed!

Thread Information