Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trophies?

Drakes Fortune was patched earlier in preparation for trophies to be added since they made the agreement with Sony. Patches go into the system OS files and thats how they were added retroactively. Yes games like DW6 can be installed if you want, but the PS3 HDD's are small by PC standards and fill up quite quickly when you take into account PSN downloads, music and video files along with system software updates and game patches. Finally add ontop of that mandatory game installs (MGS4/Resi evil5/Ultimate Ninja Storm) to name a few and your HDD fills up quickly, so its not really a completely viable option unless you only have a set number of games you have at any one time.

If Koei decided to patch DW6 and work with Sony to add the trophy data into the OS then yes, but that means Koei have to pay to host the files and then work on compatibility issues that may arise. All in all its not worth the time and effort for Koei when they have 2 titles coming out on PS3 that will have trophies now, and in the end trophies add nothing to the game other than give some players extra incentives to come back and play some more.

its a bit late to add the trophies DW6 as empires will be out by the end of the year

if they were going to add them they would have done it by now i feel

Just hope the trophies are actually decent and not like the achievements on the previous warriors games on the 360 which were pretty pathetic I mean unlock so many characters, play this scenario, uncover this event they are so easy to get. Should be things like take out 30 enemies with a musou attack, when attacking a capital take the main camp before the enemy leader appears and capture 3 enemy officers yourself in one battle which are challenging but can be done.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."

I assume they will, but either way unless they add something to the game I won't really fret over them that much.

i reckon the trophies would probably be the same as the achievments you can unlock on 360. it would make sense because then the developers wouldn't have to completely chage it round

Well yeah that would make sense really. Have trophies been different on any PS3 games that are also on XBOX?

i'm not really sure. i think there are some differences though. just tomake it look like they didnt totally rip off the 360

Sony said that ALL games MUST have trophies after January 2009, and as its now May 2009, I'm sure it will. I dont know why DW6 didn't.

I talked to a Koei rep at the London MCM expo and there will be trophies

yay at least it is confirmed now, next step is to try and find out what kind of trophies we can expect in this game.

Thread Information