Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Koei should make a ...

Talking Do you think Koei should make a ...

Do you think Koei should make a "RTS" game ??

RTS = Real Time Strategy

If they take there time with it and make it detailed and a good storyline i think it could be great.

note not like the "3 kingdoms" games series but like "Red Alert" style

Similar games like :

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
    Age of Mythology
    Command and Conquer
    etc ...

you get the idea, potentially it could be amazing

If Koei was to make a game like this...they would really have to know what they're doing with it, but I think that they would stick with the 3 Kingdoms, mainly because its an already popular section of history, and would be easier to market, most likey...but I guess I can see how they could actually make a game like that

(JAZZ-MAN )

Matty i think your missing my point.

i'm thinking they would make an RTS for the 3 kingdoms but in the form of a "Red Alert" game not like ROTK. Do you get it ?

and the heros would be the characters we know and love

According to the MyKOEI data people wanted KOEI to make in future:

1. Action Adventure
    2. RPG
    3. Strategy

So i guess a few people would like an RTS.

If they did make some kind of RTS game, then either go for an original IP so they aren't restricted by historical events, technology and the such or make it based around Kessen 3's setting. Lots of different factions to play around with, along with early matchlock tech but plenty of old style bushido combat.

RTK is a nice setting but fans as Leady pointed out would probably prefer something like an RPG in that setting or another Kessen 2 style strategy game using those characters, I know I would I felt robbed when I didn't get to choose to play as Wu in Kessen 2 even though they went and made all those commanders with voice overs and skill sets.

Default What if...?

this may well have been mentioned before but i couldnt see it on the forum but...

what if koei were to launch a dynasty warriors RTS. If halo wars on the 360 managed it I see no reason why dynasty warriors cant do it. I was thinking of dynasty tactics story development with lots of choices to make but instead of those battles where u move an officer across a squared board you could have a real time RTS.

This actually was brought up in this thread:

http://koei.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=585

so this with be merged with that thread

Do you think Koei should make a Free MMORPG on next gen on ps3, xbox 360 and Pc ?

Imagine, a MMO in a DW, GW, Gundam, Orochi universe (i let them choose the universe), with missions, quest, big pvp battles (kind of battles like all Koei beat em up games with players, pnj heroes and so on), weapons/armor craft, weapons/armor loot, magic/combat waepon skills, player levels, guilds...

i say free cause i'm sure that ps3 and 360 players won't pay for a MMO (you see the results for Final Fantasy 11 and Phantasy Star Universe ??) bit i imagine a system where instad of crafting your armor and weapons during a lot of hours, you can have the choice to pay it in real money.

i vote for a good a free mmo like this, and i buy it !!

I read an article about why developers are a bit skeptical on MMO games being made for consoles, although some really good looking games are in the pipeline I don't think it is really viable when the PC market has cornered that market. If things like DC universe and the Agency to name a couple do well enough then maybe that will change.

Sugizo mentions the idea of free to play with micro transactions which I would vote to be the best method of running an MMO on consoles especially with Xbox and its subscription fee. And out of all the universes to choose I would go with Dynasty warriors, since they have already worked on Musou BB before for the PC so they could take that and run with it.

Also unrelated but LeadyFF I like the avatar Barry Hercules kicks **** Starfleet ftw.

Also unrelated but LeadyFF I like the avatar Barry Hercules kicks **** Starfleet ftw.
    Thanks you, I've been watching it with Gischie ^^ 3-Disks in, I hardly remembered any of it from when I was a kid, other than the Dai-X.

Sugizo - you just need to convince 3 of ur friends to buy DWSF and you will have a free-to-play mini MMO.

Thread Information