Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Atelier Rorona- the first Atelier game for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by PrismZeo View Post
    The 3d looks much better than I'd thought it was going be, I'm glad it still looks like it belongs to the same series. I wonder how close the game is to being finished...
    I'm guessing by the release date it's pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightRijax View Post
    It looks awesome and all but because of the 3D it doesn't seem like a Atelier game, can't say if that's good or bad though. I miss the character designs from the Iris and Mana Khemia games though.
    I loved the Iris designs (if any one wanted to see that artist's website it's right here. http://www.ne.jp/asahi/jun/wod/

Though I'm pretty much tied between Jun Futaba (Iris) and Nao Watanuki (DS ones).

And Mana Khemia. It's weird. I loved the designs and at the same time thought they were ugly. How Bizarre!

Also, the Lorona site doesn't open until the 27th, but if you want to stare at a picture, then here. http://atelier-ps3.jp/rorona/

I was hoping to be able to break the news, but I'm glad that someone did.

From the look and what I've been reading, it's clear that they can transition to 3-D pretty smoothly. The only real question is whether the battles will be as fast as they were in the PS2 games, or if the 3-D transition will cause battles to drag (3-d does not necessarily mean slow battles, but on average it usually has some impact on how fast you can complete them and get back to the game).

As for a US release, come on. It's Gust. NIS of America WANTS a US release of this game. Granted, you may want to consider pre-ordering it when it does get localized, because lately Gust games have been kind of hard to come by otherwise.
    Last edited by SBaby; 07-04-09 at 05:43 PM.

Ok. Obviously the site is up by now and I have some translations. (Eventually I may edit the original post or something and post some information there for convenience)
    Site itself- "I have a place I want to protect"

Lorona- (Rororina Fryxell [come on Gust. You're making her name worse. stop.])

Age 14.
    Height 148 centimeters.
    Blood Type: O
    Hobby: Making pies/tarts.
    Voice Actress: Mai Kadowaki

Description: "A 14 year old novice alchemist, nervous after suddenly being entrusted with a workshop."

Quote: "I understand. Just watch. As you wish, I'll succeed in taking over." (she seems to be addressing her master)

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    As for a US release, come on. It's Gust. NIS of America WANTS a US release of this game. Granted, you may want to consider pre-ordering it when it does get localized, because lately Gust games have been kind of hard to come by otherwise.
    At least in the case of Ar Tonelico 2, that's more because it was a buggy mess. A shame, the game didn't deserve that. I heard it got pulled off the shelves because it's apparently illegal to sell a defective product there (It'd be nice if the US was like that).

Heh. I just read that japanese Otaku's (for those that don't know what Otaku means, i'd say they're obsessive geeks or something along those lines) have been going crazy over the fact that they think that Rorona's has a connection with a man in the game or something like that (because they want her to be "pure" ) even though it seems that it's just a male character that's hitting on her. Well you can read about it here if you want:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...d-loli-rorona/

And if you don't want to read on that site, I'll put this here so you can read some of the comments about the game. (Don't know if people here find them funny but i thought they were at least ).

A second-hand heroine? What kind of punishment is this?
    This sucks, it’s finished. Change the damn name to “Bitch’s Atelier”!
    Die. Who the hell would enjoy this kind of game.
    Second-hand? Don’t sell this kind of trash…
    The people who don’t say “Then I’ll make her mine!”, and just call her a bitch, really are life’s losers.
    You’ve got to be kidding me! I bought a PS3 for this game!
    I’ve been betrayed…
    But isn’t this series aimed at women anyway?
    People who look at one screenshot with a guy in it and then claim to have their wife stolen are really something…
    What’s there to look forward to in this game now?
    The guy is cute too so who’s complaining?
    It could just be an arranged marriage and she’s really into yuri!!!!1
    Rorona betrayed me – I won’t buy this.
    The girl with the big ones on the right is real nice.
    What am I to do now, I’ve already bought the PS3?
    You guys are real sensitive.
    Just when I thought it was worth getting a PS3…
    I bet you lot would really flip out if a male character appeared in K-ON!
    Looking at this I can see why K-ON! is so popular…
    And also i thought I'd mention that the characters looks a lot younger in 3D style than the 2D style (though i guess that's just because they're going for a visual style that happens to make them look younger)

And some screenshots and comparison images can be found here:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...-lolification/

The new artist draws adorable characters! Thanks for the website link.

I like the giant Puni haha, too bad it's for the PS3 XD;

A Jolly, albeit Grey Country called England

Heh. I just read that japanese Otaku's (for those that don't know what Otaku means, i'd say they're obsessive geeks or something along those lines) have been going crazy over the fact that they think that Rorona's has a connection with a man in the game or something like that (because they want her to be "pure" ) even though it seems that it's just a male character that's hitting on her. Well you can read about it here if you want:

~Snippity-snip-snip~
    I read that entry and it made me lulz all over.

No wonder the male anime/manga/possibly gaming otaku are 'mo~e'-ing over 2D female underaged characters whose personality is only 'look-cute-never-complains' and that they want them to be 100% pure virgin. If only they knew the realization...

As for the game itself, very interesting to see this is the first Atelier game that's going to 3D, though I do miss the sprite charms of the previous Ateliers. It's going to be hard for me to adjust the settings.
    The answer to the secret of life? Try Googling 42.
    I shall not rest and stop bugging KOEI UK, until they WILL translate Saihai no Yukue.

And also i thought I'd mention that the characters looks a lot younger in 3D style than the 2D style (though i guess that's just because they're going for a visual style that happens to make them look younger)
    OH NO. A FICTIONAL CHARACTER THAT IS FICTIONALLY MY WIFE IS BEING HIT ON BY A FICTIONAL MAN!!! I SHALL NONFICTIONALLY ANGST ABOUT HER LOST PURITY

Am I doing it right?

But that's both funny and sad.

Opening movie is up on the site. There is a youtube link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rHaPaYoif0

Does anyone know what's in the premium box? I have yet to see anything about it on the site or preordery places.
    Last edited by entropy-cipher; 08-05-09 at 04:09 PM.

I'll see if I can get my brother to work on more character bios soon, but he's playing it currently and I'll write down his impressions here.

1. When you meet Pamela, she soon becomes a shopkeeper.

2. To get people into your party, if they aren't that close to you, you may have to pay. So far Cudelia is the only free one

3. Synthesis costs HP.

4. Lorona is the only one that can use alchemy items (or any items, and they DO take HP to use (At least attack ones), however they cannot kill you.

5. They have the sorriest excuse for trophies. Turned on the game? TROPHY. Progressed in the story? TROPHY! Breathed? TROPHY. Honestly of the trophy list only one of them is an actual accomplishment.

6. Recipes are gotten from reading books. One of which is the Escalario (SWEET). Yes it's description even mentions wish granting.

7. There ARE freezing problems, but it could be important to note his PS3 is the 80GB backwards compatible.

8. Inventory. Every item has it's own characteristics and as such is not separated. You can hold 50 at first, though it expands. So you need to put things in the shop container, which can hold 999.

9. The Task system from Mana Khemia is back. Sort of. You eventually get a character, Hom (you can even pick their gender). It's similar, aside from strengths and weaknesses. Hom can synthesize, but has to be given the ingredients (Hom has its own inventory).

10. When going places, you need to destroy things, but you need to make powerful enough items, as you HAVE to damage it within one shot. Some regenerate when you leave. You can also freeze some bodies of water, and later make an item that allows you to go underwater (But Lorona refuses to wear a cute swimsuit!)

Quote Originally Posted by entropy-cipher View Post
    1. When you meet Pamela, she soon becomes a shopkeeper.
    Am i the only one who's tired of Pamela?

5. They have the sorriest excuse for trophies. Turned on the game? TROPHY. Progressed in the story? TROPHY! Breathed? TROPHY. Honestly of the trophy list only one of them is an actual accomplishment.
    Well i don't mind easy gotten achievements and i actually prefer it before ones like "Must have played for 5000 hours" or something like that.

6. Recipes are gotten from reading books. One of which is the Escalario (SWEET). Yes it's description even mentions wish granting.
    Yay the Escalario! Damn Edge, Iris and Nell should have written their names on it's cover and so could they have been mentioned. (Or is Rorona before AI3 or after?)

7. There ARE freezing problems, but it could be important to note his PS3 is the 80GB backwards compatible.
    Are you sure it might not just be his game that's the problem and not the machine? Oh well i just hope that problem won't be in any possible PAL release.

10. When going places, you need to destroy things, but you need to make powerful enough items, as you HAVE to damage it within one shot. Some regenerate when you leave. You can also freeze some bodies of water, and later make an item that allows you to go underwater (But Lorona refuses to wear a cute swimsuit!)
    That sounds like it could get really annoying.

And please stop calling her "Lorona". Her name is Rorona (okay it's really Rororina, but still), and "Lorona" just sounds really really stupid.

Am i the only one who's tired of Pamela?
    She is getting kinda spammed. Lise had a ghost named Hilda (she had 1 HP and ran away if an enemy was a higher level than her.) and Annie didn't have any ghosts that I noticed. I guess she and hagel (and punis) are just their mascots at this point.

Well i don't mind easy gotten achievements and i actually prefer it before ones like "Must have played for 5000 hours" or something like that.
    That doesn't feel like a good achievement either. I'm just talking about something like "Beat monster X in y amount of turns" or "made the best weapons", or something where you know, it's skill based instead of stupid.

Yay the Escalario! Damn Edge, Iris and Nell should have written their names on it's cover and so could they have been mentioned. (Or is Rorona before AI3 or after?)
    I'm pretty sure it's a different timeline. It looked like a generic book too D=

Are you sure it might not just be his game that's the problem and not the machine? Oh well i just hope that problem won't be in any possible PAL release.
    It's true, it could just be his copy. I don't know if there are slowdown/freezing issues, as I haven't really been paying much attention to the boards as I'm not the one playing it.

And please stop calling her "Lorona". Her name is Rorona (okay it's really Rororina, but still), and "Lorona" just sounds really really stupid.
    How about we agree both Lorona and Rorona sound stupid. It's frustrating because with the other Atelier games you could at least see the name they were going for. I haven't been able to find Rorona or anything close (And don't get me started on Rororina. ), but putting Lorona makes me glare less at the screen. If someone can prove Rorona is an actual name (at this point I'm just going by their pattern) I'll admit my fault and switch to that.

Twi, are you one of those people who harasses the Innocence fantranslatiors with "his name is RUCA, not LUCA, GAWD" =P

Thread Information