Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shallow reviews like this hurt Koei games overseas

Default Life-Sized Gundam to be build in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Kotaku

Finally! To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Gundam anime/manga/toy/video game franchise, an 18-meter-tall (59-foot-tall) "life size" Gundam statue will be built in Tokyo this July.

Part of the "Mobile Suit Gundam 30th Anniversary Project," the structure in Odaiba's Shiokaze Park will stay up for only two months and be built from fiberglass-reinforced plastic over a steel frame and coated in a layer of awesomeoness. Fifty points on the Gundam statue will emit light, and mist will shoot out of 14 different points on the statue. The 1/1 scale Gundam will boast a moveable head.

This is the largest Gundam statue ever constructed in Japan. In the 1990s, a 33-foot-tall LM312V04 Victory Gundam was constructed. There is also a fan-made 23-foot-tall 1/3 scale MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam in Japan. Though, this isn't the first time a life-sized Gundam has been created.

Back in 2007, a 1/1 scale Gundam was built for Fuji-Q Highland amusement park at the foot of Mt. Fuji; however, this statue did not stand upright and was built lying down on the floor.

Staring this July, it will be possible to view the 59-foot-tall Gundam free of charge. No kidding, some folks will just look out their window.
    Source: http://kotaku.com/5168457/japan-gett...tanding-gundam

Seriously I want that to be in our office building XD That Gundam is already that big imagine how Psycho Gundam would be like!!!

I wanna go to Japan next August. Bandai announced a project named "Always Beginning". The big statue is only the first part, there are two more: Gundam Big Expo with a new movie announcement and a live concert dedicated to Gundam.

Erm...... Bot?

Yeah. like anyone wanted his cheap Wow gold. ;P

In the future if you guys see more of these, please use the report button and report his post so the mod(s) on that section is notified or PM a online moderator, so we can take care of him, thanks.

This one is already taken cared of, we ony need Chin to come online and delete him.
    ---

Can't wait to see that giant Gundam. =D

we shouldnt let reviews like this get to us we know were going to love this game regardless of what magazines say.

A fair review of DW games would be a rare find now, because most of them says things like 'same as last year'. Well, the formula is the same but it remains the same for a reason, fans like it and it sells.

Some reviews have POV like: 'You won't know who's who nor which Gundam is which.' Well duh, it's like saying 'Who the hell is Joker anyways? I never watched Batman!'

Quote Originally Posted by That stupid review in the first post
    However you dress it up, this is exactly the same Dynasty Warriors game KOEI has been vomiting out on a regular basis since 2000.
    Exactly the same? Clearly the reviewer is completely ignorant if they believe that. You can't take a reviewer seriously when there is an obvious grudge against the game.

Take these reviews with a grain of salt, sadly though such reviews to make it harder for KOEI to get new fans with their hard work and vast improvements over the course of the series. You'll find there are many that think the Warriors games are repetitive garbage - yet haven't played a single one thanks to incompetent reviews like this. It's a real shame that uneducated trash reviews warrant a paycheck. I can do a far more unbiased and professional reviews then that, and I don’t get paid a cent.

That's the problem though, these tools are paid to do a review, so even if they don't have an interest in the game they probably play it for like 2-3 hours, write a bunch of trash & collect their unworthy paycheck. All at the expense of the hard work from creaters of the game.

Yeah this annoys me to I hate how most "Westerners" (not sure if thats a word ) But anyway, really bring so much hate towards Koei's games. I mean if you think its the same game then you'd also have to criticise every iteration of *FIFA or PES, or Halo, or Resistance, WWE games, God of War, Prince of Persia and even Final Fantasy* in the same way, but you always see those games get high 8s, 9s or even 10/10. So far only Eurogamer have given the game a decent 8/10 but the rest of the reveiwers have given it just between 3-5.

Anyway I'm not saying the other games* are bad I'm even a fan of most of them but I just hope Koei games get what they really deserve. I mean Koei tried so hard to differentiate Bladestorm from the "Warriors" series and do you think it really deserves a 2.5/10 or 4-5/10?.

But anyway like Chin said it's their opinion not ours.

Heh if you thought that written review was annoying, the same so called review team did a DVD version on their latest issue, that basically involved them laughing and taking the **** out of the source material (Gundam) and making comments like. "So did you find this game to be everything you thought it would be?" and then getting replies like "yeah it was ****" etc. etc. These guys really do have a high opinion of themselves at times, but show them Killzone 2 or PES and they say each game redefines the genre lol.

Here's a more fair (but unfortunately unofficial) review I just found on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnkgevB10q4

Yay for fair reviews!

Thread Information