Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Thread: Japanese voice acting ?

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Most Subtitle are incorrect words but it better to listen to the japanese version but use english as a back-up@ (make sure the english version is on the Xbox 360 and japanese version is on PS3)

    Only PS3 are no region protected but the xbox 360 got region protected note: some sofeware is region-free full info go to play-asia.com

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Please do not double or even triple post, you do not need to make a new post for every single point that you wish to make, there is the edit button that you can use in case you forgot something, so there really shouldnt be any excuse for people to double and triple post. So please, and this refers to everyone, cut out the double posting...it is driving me insane (-.-)

    As for the topic at hand, I really dont care all that much for the option to have a JP voice...sure you could have it on DW3, but I did not one ever use it, I didnt really find it to be productive at all, I would much rather play a game where I actually knew what the characters were saying, and im sure im not the only one who thinks that.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    235

    Default

    godlikephoenix, but remember that the mouthmovements are very important, its like seeing iron man with german dubs. thats what dw and sw games look to non u.k. europeans.

    We can understand the english but its still 'dubs'.

    i dont even have gundam but i wanted to respond anyway and uh, i never noticed a jap. va in DW3. Only french and german. :l
    (wich is even more stupid, we dont want our own language we want original voices)
    http://www.koei.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3659&dateline=1250605  062

  4. #84
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God-Like Phoenix View Post
    I didnt really find it to be productive at all, I would much rather play a game where I actually knew what the characters were saying, and im sure im not the only one who thinks that.
    While that's a most legitimate reason, there are some things I think should be said:

    - Gundam, unlike DW, is a series of anime shows, movies and so on, and not every one of them gets dubbed, especially in places like Europe (we only got 0079 and Wing where I live). If you want to watch a JP-only series, you need to watch it subbed...which means you'll eventually get used to the JP voices.
    In a similar fashion, imagine watching...something. Then you play a game based on it, and the voice actors are different. You'd be all 'WTF??', and rightly so.

    - other Gundam series already have a dubbed version, but the voice actors are different nonetheless, and sometimes they even sound nothing like the original. Kind of like "What, Daniel Radcliffe has got a cold? hen let's have Samuel L. Jackson voice Harry in the next video game!". I would laugh my head off if that happened, but -for example- Domon's new voice is just wrong on so many levels.

    - lastly, it's a 'Warriors' game. The characters say the same things over and over and over again: "ah need ur halp", "imp-rahsiv", "imma retreat nao" and so on. Occasionally someone says "ur a thru wariur ov da tree kindamz" (or "pear-less mite" in SW)...it's not that much of a loss if you don't know what they're saying. Furthermore, all important messages appear on-screen and aren't voiced anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mousou hat View Post
    i dont even have gundam but i wanted to respond anyway and uh, i never noticed a jap. va in DW3. Only french and german. :l
    (wich is even more stupid, we dont want our own language we want original voices)
    If I recall correctly, SW1 also had a JP voice option...that is, in the USA version. What was the point in removing it anyway?

    Also, hearing Cao Cao call himself "So-So" would be just as amusing as his son saying "I am Cow Pee" in DW5 or random footsoldiers being scared of "the mighty Loo Boo" X°°D
    "We're getting wet. In a shower. Because, basically, we talked it over, Chastity and myself, and we came to the conclusion that civilization is nothing more than an effective sewage system. And so by the use of plumbing we hope to demonstrate this to the world." ~ Ron Nasty

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    259

    Default

    We also had Z Gundam in italian, Ramza
    However: I think it's too late to discuss on DWG2 voices. We will never have JP Voices DLC. We can only hope in DWG3...

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    @Ramza & Musou hat: ok, I know that it can get annoying when something like that happens, but if you really dont like the English voices...mute the sound and listen to music, the reason that gaming companies make the english version is so that more people cna understand the games, and not everyone knows everything about the Gundam series' so they wouldnt know the story, the characters and so on...much like myself, so if they were to be thrown in the deep end with only the JP voices as an option...how are they suppose to know what they're suppose to be doing?

    I know you both have valid points, its just that I really dont think that it is that most important thing in a game, there are other aspects of games that I think are much more important, but then again, thats just me

  7. #87
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zechs View Post
    We also had Z Gundam in italian, Ramza
    Really? I never heard of it! Now I have another reason to watch it again

    Quote Originally Posted by God-Like Phoenix View Post
    I know you both have valid points, its just that I really dont think that it is that most important thing in a game, there are other aspects of games that I think are much more important, but then again, thats just me
    Your point is valid too, and I'm positive that's what the guys at many companies think when they're bringing games over to the US or to Europe. Still, adding a voice option (it was in DWG1, after all) wouldn't hurt anyone
    "We're getting wet. In a shower. Because, basically, we talked it over, Chastity and myself, and we came to the conclusion that civilization is nothing more than an effective sewage system. And so by the use of plumbing we hope to demonstrate this to the world." ~ Ron Nasty

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zechs View Post
    We also had Z Gundam in italian, Ramza
    However: I think it's too late to discuss on DWG2 voices. We will never have JP Voices DLC. We can only hope in DWG3...
    You lucky italians in France we don't even have Zeta, we have the 3 0079 films, 0083 film, F91 and Chars Counter Attack (but all in japanese with french sub), we only have Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam Wing and Gundam 00 dubbed in french (a very good dub for once) thanks to Beez

    But Zeta still missing ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by God-Like Phoenix View Post
    @Ramza & Musou hat: ok, I know that it can get annoying when something like that happens, but if you really dont like the English voices...mute the sound and listen to music, the reason that gaming companies make the english version is so that more people cna understand the games, and not everyone knows everything about the Gundam series' so they wouldnt know the story, the characters and so on...much like myself, so if they were to be thrown in the deep end with only the JP voices as an option...how are they suppose to know what they're suppose to be doing?
    Euh the game is subbed right ? So you can understand it if you can read (you don't have 5 years old ^^) so you can understand the game without english dub ^^

    And "mute the sound" it's pretty easy to say

    I just think english language is horrible to listen in japanimation, it doesn't fit to it. The only good english dub that I heard was in Ghost in the Shell.
    English language is good for comics animation or hollywood films but for mangas not.

    French is far better, or italian, but the best is for sure the original: japanese.

    I don't dislike english language, I mean I m here talking with you australian (or aussies right ?) and UK buddys, I try to learn it because I need it, it's important but for stuff like japanese video games from mangas or other japanese stuff for me English doesn't fit. It's ok for games like Metal Gear Solid or Resident Evil, I like it but for mangas game or animation I prefere French or Japanese (japanese the most)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mousou hat View Post
    godlikephoenix, but remember that the mouthmovements are very important, its like seeing iron man with german dubs. thats what dw and sw games look to non u.k. europeans.

    We can understand the english but its still 'dubs'.

    i dont even have gundam but i wanted to respond anyway and uh, i never noticed a jap. va in DW3. Only french and german. :l
    (wich is even more stupid, we dont want our own language we want original voices)
    Completly in agreement with you ^^
    Last edited by Shindo; 26-08-09 at 03:58 AM.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    70

    Default

    The reason it was removed because of the copyright protection laws

    I know Many thanks
    P.S: Haven't tell you I got all the Gundam Series and there is another game that is on ps2 - japan only Dynasty Warriors: GUNDAM Extreme Legends (Gundam Musou Special)
    Musha Gundam Storyline had added and making a early appearing is Musha Gundam Mk II

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God-Like Phoenix View Post
    I would much rather play a game where I actually knew what the characters were saying, and im sure im not the only one who thinks that.
    With only the english sub you can know what they're saying.

    You you're not a blind person right ?



    Most of the games based on mangas or japanese animation have japenese voices.

    I juste saw the realase for Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast, One Piece Unlimited Cruise 2 or Dragon Ball Revenge of King Picollo for Europe and all these games have japanese voices

    Maybe because Namco Bandai realase them, and maybe for DWG 2 the big problem is Koei, and maybe Koei have to stop touching Gundam games and let Namco Bandai make a better job for the voices and other

    Sorry I m just a little irritate when I see all the japanese mangas games have japanese voices in Europe except Gundam....
    Last edited by Shindo; 12-09-09 at 11:51 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •