Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Warriors 2: Empires

Default Samurai Warriors 2: Empires

Well worthy of a topic of it's own, out of all the Empires titles up to it's release I felt it was by far the best of them, the increase in tactics available and formations you could employ during battle were great additions to the Empires formula.

Discuss anything about SW2 Empires here. ^^

I liked using the Divided Land Scenario. Making your own characters and taking control of Japan. All while keeping your people happy, conducting trade, and best of all, battling. This is kind of off-topic, but I'm sure that Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires will be better! (Being better than a great game is pretty hard to do!) Hopefully with the release of SW3, there'll be a SW3: Empires - hopefully not just for Wii (even though I have one).

SW2 certainly is good, and has plenty of things to entertain. My personal favourite is Nobunaga the Parrot. Is that so? to all but 1 person I have seen.

What I recently noticed when playing 5 Empires and this back-to-back, was that in 2 Empires it's a lot more newbie friendly. There's was many more convenient info texts popping up, especially when starting for the first time.

I really like SW2 Empires.

SW2 Empires is my favourite of the empires games as the new formations, ability to give a ruler multiple territories to start with instead of just one, the shop and making officers defect my completing or failing to complete objectives were features which made me enjoy the series a lot more then the DW ones. I also found it to be quite a challenging game as well especially if the enemy has the better formation which can really make things interesting.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."

sw 2 is perfect & i believe it would be gr8 if it would come out as empires.

Samurai Warriors 2 Empires makes a lot of fun. But i like DW5 Empires more.

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nan View Post
    Samurai Warriors 2 Empires makes a lot of fun. But i like DW5 Empires more.
    Is that just because there are more characters available?

From a tactical perspective I feel as though SW2E is superior, but it can't compete with the story and characters of DW that's for sure.

SW2E is my favourite Empires game, but they do keep on getting better and better, a bit like the games in the main series, like DW6, better then DW5, SW2, better then SW.

And @ Yurisatan: It did...ages ago.
    Last edited by Nevfx; 06-05-09 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Wanted to add something without posting again.
    SW3 Friend Code: 3395-7139-6283

Thread Information