Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DWG2 My first impressions

Default DWG2 My first impressions

Got my copy today around 9:00 AM and have taken a break to say that it is well worth the wait. The number of enemies on screen is sometimes pretty mental but gives you great satisfaction when you slaughter them with Hyaku Shiki's close range slices

I have played through Amuro and Char's official modes and the new levels mixed with the old (shan't tell what the new is) are very well done, and the remade versions of the original maps is fresh. The mobile armours are pretty challenging if you are not careful, I died when I fought Big Zam the first time, but they are pretty cool to fight and see in motion. I have barely scratched the surface on content though, but it has been loads of fun. One funny thing I noticed on an Amuro level was hearing Hayato shout something and seeing Amuro's little face icon in the bottom left. I don't want to go into map detail since that might be a tad spoilerish for some, so just wanna say great work from Koei again and was well worth the extra month wait. I am interested in playing the online modes with people here when everyone gets their copy, not had a look yet. Any questions ask me, there is alot I have missed out on here really from what I have played

you have said online mode with people ?? how?

i don't think it is online mode as you said...Online mode is for DLC but online multiplayer mode is not available i think.

some questions:
    1. Is it more difficult than DWG 1 ?
    2. Have you seen or played or unlocked Friendship missions ?
    3. what about the gameplay of the new 6 charges SP ?

i'll have mine in France saturday i hope, i pray for that.
    Last edited by Sugizo58; 22-04-09 at 09:26 PM.
    Xbox360 and ps3 GT: Sugizo58

Mes groupes :
    OngakuZensoku: Metal/Rock Prog/ Jrock www.myspace.com/ongakuzensoku
    Kando: Nu jazz (jazz, world, metal)
    http://www.myspace.com/kando89
    Grum lee and the bears: parodie pourrie exprès et en VF
    www.myspace.com/grumleeandthebears

Good one Thadius, glad you got the game today and good to hear you enjoyed it

The online multiplayer is accessible through PSN or XBOX live. I haven't really tried going online since the game isn't officially out yet, so I don't know what the gameplay is like. There are 3 modes though but again not sure what kind of player numbers are available etc.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear I don't think the DLC from Japan is on the disc being details aren't readily available here and I haven't played enough yet to know.

@inspChin
    Yeah thx m8 it is a blast
    Last edited by Thadius; 22-04-09 at 09:27 PM. Reason: reply to chin :)

its available. 3 different online versus modes right Thadius?

(glad u are enjoying it Thadius - what do you think of a Sazabi? I must admit playing the last part of Char's story I wanted to stay in the Hyaku Shiki to unlock the full moveset.).

I think as more reports come in people are going to realise that this game is one special Musou game (the best since SW2??)

online multiplayer on a Koei Game? since when? is it a versus mode? cooperation on campaign mode? if it is the case, it is AWESOME !!

Edit: leady FF were writing at the same time. So 3 versus mode, what about them: classical 1vs1 and ...?
    Xbox360 and ps3 GT: Sugizo58

Mes groupes :
    OngakuZensoku: Metal/Rock Prog/ Jrock www.myspace.com/ongakuzensoku
    Kando: Nu jazz (jazz, world, metal)
    http://www.myspace.com/kando89
    Grum lee and the bears: parodie pourrie exprès et en VF
    www.myspace.com/grumleeandthebears

The best since DW3 maybe. Dynasty Warriors 3 added plenty that was not in 2, and Gundam 2 has added plenty that was not in 1.

The adrenaline is just crazy, really. I've played for just over 3 hours myself.

I must say I am surprisingly pleased with it, been playing it since 9 am with mates.
    The saving grace really are strike freedom, infinite justice and destiny gundams though.

Overall a vast improvement over dwg1.

Heres my points that i found lacked, and how to improve for dwg3.

1. STORY! yes, there's the official mode of the UC era, hurray...
    no offense to any UC fans, but the whole era isn't appealing to me, love the gundam designs, just not the characters and story. The whole UC story was in dwg1, why do we need it again?

Mission mode really lacked any story, original mode from dwg1 was much better story-wise, didn't really understand what was going on, but at least there was a story in place. It's very much "kill everybody for no reason" characters loosely converse about a war, but that's as far as it goes.

CREATE A GOOD TIME LINE MASH UP STORY FOR DWG3!

2. ONLINE CO-OP! I can tell you 3 of my mates aren't buying this game due to the fact there is no online co-op mode. Sure there's versus, but teamwork is far more entertaining then killing your buddies. Plus they know id win all the time. If possible, a relative co-op story would be awesome, similar to the single player story, but depending on who your characters are, the different sides you see.
    Example Kira and Athrun will have a story very seed/destiny based and events/battles differ from if you were to instead play as Heero and Milliardo.
    I think that would really sell this game.

THIS SHOULD DEFINITELY BE INCLUDED IN DWG3.

3. VOICE ACTING! My god! Random, incoherent, embarrassing dialogue. It is pointless and repetitive and in no way gives anything to the story (or lack there of)

Examples:
    Kamille Bidan "Kamille is a man's name, AND I'M A MAN!"
    Shinn "Im gonna mash you like potatoes"

What the hell is this garbage? Sort it out, keep dialogue relative to the story and if your gonna try to be funny, make sure it's funny to people above the age of 6.

4. MORE MOBILE SUITS! Of course, the most important aspect of this game, the gundams. Just simply add as many popular characters as you can, stop adding grunts, no one wants to play a grunt, wasting precious data. Definitely add the endless waltz suits and the suits from 00.

Besides all this, fookin' good job koei!

All this makes me hope the game is in my store today. ( I did preorder). Im gonna mash you like potatoes? Eesh..

@Sugizo
    1. Is it more difficult than DWG 1 ?

It really depends on your playstyle to be honest. The grunt AI is a bit more active now so you will get hit more and the Mobile armour suits are fun to fight and do alot of damage to low level suits if your not careful, but I would say the difficulty is relatively the same, but still immensely fun.

2. Have you seen or played or unlocked Friendship missions ?

Haven't played the mission mode yet, been playing official off and on all day levelling up and getting parts for some suits you meet.

3. what about the gameplay of the new 6 charges SP ?

The charge attacks and air SP's are crucial for the mobile armour battles. Charge attacks are pretty useless against grunts on the units I have used so far, but other suits may have area effect versions. The air SP's are pretty good since units returning from DWG1 will have their original SP assigned to either the ground or air versions. In gameplay terms, every suit I have played has a Musou that has been very useful against big gangs of grunts or rivals like Char.

Multiplayer comes in 2 forms: Local versus mode(2 players) and online multiplayer (2-4 players). The 3 gametypes are:
    Hunter: Some players are "hunters" and others "targets". Hunters gain points for shooting down targets. Targets gain points by avoiding being shot down, and the sides switch when a hunter kills a target.

Sudden death: The player with the most points when the time runs out will be declared the winner. You cannot boost (overheat status) and you have little health.

War mode: The first player to complete the operation objectives and earn 1000 points (or has the highest score when the time runs out) will be declared the winner.

@Heavyarms91
    I agree that an online coop would be a nice addition for the series in DWG3. How can you hate the Kamille quote lol, that is gold as far as Zeta gundam dialogue goes, it does only make sense if you have watched the series though. Shinn's is a little cheesy though.

I really like the chance to play non gundam type units like the Byalant, Palace Athene and the list goes on with this game, but hell the more the merrier really. Official mode could do with adding the Seed storyline or G gundam plotline since they have plenty of new suits to add, Gundam and Mobile suit alike.

Thread Information