Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DWG2 My first impressions

I do want to add the annoyance of AI pilots running into MA fights, up to the MA and attacking without retreating. Problem? When the MA gets low HP most have a servere attack that hurts, and they spam the attack. Sucks when a allied pilot needs to survive, and 1 usually does.

I wont complain otherwise.

I failed the mission in Hong Kong against Pyscho Gundam because of the AI Amuro running into the blast attack she performs at low health. No self preservation on their part, but thats always been in DW.

A minor gripe I have is the fact that you have to press start after every mission to allow your friend to play, why not just set it so you have to press a button for P2 to leave instead. Nothing major but when you forget because your reading a mission briefing you have to jump back a bit or remind your mate lol.

I have my game since Monday, and one word is for this : AWESOME !!

I have done all Official Mode, and it is for me a first taste of the game.
    All is better, even if the AI even if it is too much "agressive" agains Giants Mechas.

But the main and interesting mode is the Mission mode.
    I've begun with Kamille Bidan and Zeta Gundam and i'm level 31 for the moment.
    I begin to unlock a maximum of licences to be able to pilot others gundams, and some are available with relations and other specfic interacts. HUGE !!!
    Labs are really insteresting, and it is very long to have good parts and to custom it well, cause Labs develops at the beginning very badly.
    To Unlock all missions will be long, very long.
    I have noticed one thing really original in the DW and i hope it will be taken in the future. The maps and ennemies are random in missions. I like this idea, instead of knowing all maps and ennemies, where to find "treasures" and so on...it gives me the feeling to be in a Dungeon RPG. It is always a surprise to be against a lot of ennemies, lots of different generals, and Giant mechas as Psycho Gundam (hard in mission with GM if you're too fast for AI allied leaders), good to take its time to do the map correctly.
    I don't have tried yet the XBOX Live Mode, but i'll try after boosting my mechas and pilots.

AWESOME !!!
    Xbox360 and ps3 GT: Sugizo58

Mes groupes :
    OngakuZensoku: Metal/Rock Prog/ Jrock www.myspace.com/ongakuzensoku
    Kando: Nu jazz (jazz, world, metal)
    http://www.myspace.com/kando89
    Grum lee and the bears: parodie pourrie exprès et en VF
    www.myspace.com/grumleeandthebears

It's great game. Finish official mode and playing mission right now.

Mission mode is great, lots of stuff to unlock. Great original stories (For example Puru's story.), part 4 unlock missions are challenging (8 bars hard only mission ).

~~~Minor spoiler alert~~~

Regarding AI vs giant MA, yup what a pain sometimes.
    Once you grasp the trick to beat the MA, AI suicide against MA won't be a problem anymore except: DARK GUNDAM.

I still try to figure out how to beat a soldier's battlefield 4. Beating dark gundam is not the problem, beat it before your AI comrade dies is.

...it gives me the feeling to be in a Dungeon RPG.
    I agree. There so much of the grinding/farming gameplay I like about DW in DWG2 Mission mode.

I still try to figure out how to beat a soldier's battlefield 4. Beating dark gundam is not the problem, beat it before your AI comrade dies is.
    Dont tell me you have to beat Devil Gundam in a GM?

Quote Originally Posted by Leady FF ^^ View Post

Dont tell me you have to beat Devil Gundam in a GM?
    ~~in game spoiler~~

NAH.

You get to choose other MS!! For example a Zaku! Also you can use Gofu, a Z'Gok and some other mass produced MS!

Hey don't worry you get to beat Psycho Mk II with The ball as warm up in the earlier mission!

Once you get Dark gundam under 50% armor, it starts unleash it's power and can shred your AI's MS into pieces under 2 minutes. I am not sure how I can kill it in time with a GM level MS, my Amuro is Level 40+.

But there must be a way, it's just I haven't found it yet.

The way is called Small Giant, a skill. Really works. Instant Hero also looks good, but I never used it.
    Last edited by Onislash; 29-04-09 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onislash View Post
    The way is called Small Giant, a skill. Really works. Instant Hero also looks good, but I never used it.
    Well time for Guncannon I guess, I got Instant hero but not sure how it works...description is confusing.

Hey Onislash since you pretty much unlock everything I got a question for you.

Full upgraded rank3 part is the same as rank 4 right? The cap is still +100.

Thanks!!

The reason for Rank 4 parts is that the skills on the parts apparently have higher chance to activate, according to GameFAQs.

I am guessing that Instant Hero makes Balls MAs god.

~~in game spoiler~~

NAH.

You get to choose other MS!! For example a Zaku! Also you can use Gofu, a Z'Gok and some other mass produced MS!

Hey don't worry you get to beat Psycho Mk II with The ball as warm up in the earlier mission!
    omg, i really want to unlock that mission then ^^

(I love the Guncannon btw, great SP attack ^^, I wish they would have a full moveset for that MS).

Thread Information