Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of the Metafalica [PS2]

Unfortunately for me it seems that Swedish stores has put June 12th as the date for the game now, so I probably won't be able to get it until August then since my bus card expires before that so i can't get to the store (since i don't have enough money to buy a bus ticket when they are as expensive as they are here, and i can't afford to have it shipped home either).

Oh well i guess it's fine as long as the game still can be found then. Unless i'm lucky and can get someone else to fetch it, though that's probably impossible.

The game is available as of today in France.
    That's cool but the distribution is messed up as usual, 505 Games seal of quality. Oh well. At least we have it.
    I'll go buy it after tomorrow.

EDIT : I just bought it.
    There's no 60hz mode.
    WHAT.THE.HELL.
    Last edited by Azule; 30-05-09 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azule View Post
    There's no 60hz mode.
    WHAT.THE.HELL.
    Are you sure? I know it's uncommon these days, but some games need you to hold a button while the console boots to even give you the option. Sure that's not the case with this?

...If not I guess we'll just have to put up with it being a tiny bit slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Member View Post
    Are you sure?
    Yes, unfortunately.
    some games need you to hold a button while the console boots to even give you the option.
    I tried actually, it doesn't work. There's no mention of that in the game manual.
    we'll just have to put up with it being a tiny bit slower
    Plus the black borders.

Well whatever.
    I played two hours for now. It seems great

No widescreen either then I take it? Oh well, I'm used to that by this point.

Yay,
    my Ar Tonelico 2 is on it's way. I'm so looking forward to playing this again
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Azule View Post
    There's no 60hz mode.
    WHAT.THE.HELL.
    Mine has just come through the door so i popped it in to see about this 60hz mode and I can't believe they didn't include one. Not that I thought you were wrong it's just that I had to check for myself, lol. Oh well black borders have never bothered me before so I doubt they will now. Although seems bizarre when they added a 60hz mode to Mana Khemia PS2!

<a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

Well growing up with TV's that couldn't even show 60hz (which was a hell when i got games like Metroid Prime 2 which was 60hz only), not having it in this game doesn't really matter to me, but I'm really happy now that the stores here has changed the release date from the 12th to the 5th, so now if they just can get it to all they're stores by then I'll be extremely happy.

By the way does anyone know why games get those black bars in 50hz?

Atelier Iris 2 had the 60hz pretty sure so it is a weird. That said if you hate it that much, send it to me, its not coming to Australia.

The first Ar Tonelico had a 60hz option, so...kinda odd this one doesn't. Still its not like I could ever tell the difference anyway...

Just had a quick go and was surprised the battle system was so very different from the last game! Kinda reminds me of the one in Valkyrie Profile so far

Thread Information