Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Samurai Warriors 3

It's strange we don't have any news yet, since the game is scheduled for this year.
    I hope they won't change drastically the gameplay, won't keep the same chara design for the veterans (like Nobunaga in the video, he's still in his SW2's costume), and if they change it, I don't want to see costumes too much changed either (like DW5 -> DW6).
    I hope there won't be any cutting at all, as for the characters or the battles...

Yes its strange KOEI hasn't revealed any new info about SW3. But you know what I find weird, in the past Warriors games KOEI kept changing costumes every title number (DW2, DW3, DW4, DW5, DW6, SW1 and SW2), even if the change was slighty it still occured, why break the tradition now with SW3? As Nobunaga is shown in his SW2 Costume.

After reviewing the teaser trailer again, the first character reminds me a lot of Taigong Wang, the silhouette is very similar to his, weapon and weapon handling. The second looks like a potentional female Ninja, Nene or Kunoichi maybe. The 3rd somehow reminds me of Magoichi also because of the silhouette. The last one doesn't even look like a SW character with sword and shield.

Hopefully after DW:Strikeforce and DW6:E we will hear more news about this title and a release date.

My guess is that they still work on chara design, but they had to show at least one of the old characters, and they picked Nobunaga... Now, I think it's like Squall in the FF8 demo, with his regular costume shown, but in the final version of the game, he's in his seed uniform...

That makes sense. ^^
    I think they might give him the SW2 costume as an alternate as it happened in DW4 and DW5 where you could choose the old costumes.

Like you, I hope so too they don't cut characters of. But new costumes like it happend DW5 to DW6 would be excellent. But I hope they don't have Renbu or another system.

Oh nooo, not Renbu! It totally ruined DW6 for me, since it's rather repetitive & you're not master of your moves :/
    What I mean is that in SW2, you know what you're doing, but in DW6... it's just the same, always & always... Except if you do some charges from time to time. It's funny, at first, but it's quicly boring! What I enjoyed the most in the SW2 moveset is that every new move was slow to be unlocked, and unlike DW5, it was THE CHARACTER, and not THE WEAPON...

Yes thats a very good thing about SW2. I also enjoyed a lot the Ability learning method where you had to look for specific enemies through the various battles to learn them, not looking for boxes on the same stage over and over for items like on DW, it gets rather repetitive.

I hope to see some fun mini-games too. ^^

Yes ^^ It was really a good idea, even better than the DW6 skill tree IMO. Because, except the personal skill, everyone has the same things, unlike DW6 where some characters may be at a disavantage when it comes to personal skill tree (exemple : Lady Luck is a really useful skill but only a few characters can learn it!).
    I think I have played at least 400 hours, with all SW2's games I have, and still, I enjoy to play, no matter what character I take, it's just a little frustrating that it's more difficult to "learn" on SW2XL & SW2 on 360...

I share the same feeling, I'm worried if they will change the system or not, I'm very afraid for that -_- and also when I heard it was only on Wii but we all just made suppositions about it. Anyway I just hope the best for that game!
    I wanna be your dream catcher
    ima hajimete umarekawaru
    Fly again

Hopefully it won't be released only on Wii. We can always hope. ^^
    A multi-plataform like what happend with SW2 would be great.

I played DW Demo and Renbu and its totally awful, I hope not to see that again on any warriors games, glad on SF they don't have it, it seems.

At least I have a Wii, so I can play it anyways... BUT! I don't want to see a game like SW Katana for SW3 in term of gameplay... For me, it's not how a Warriors game is supposed to be played!
    I hope peoples who don't own a wii will have it too on their system.
    I hope it will be playable on wii with a GameCube remote, it's closest to a regular pad than a nunchuk+wiimote...

Thread Information