Thread: Favourite RTS Games

Default Favourite RTS Games

As the title says, which is your favourite RTS game, or games. For those who arent really sure what RTS means, its 'Real Time Strategy' games like Warcraft, Starcraft, Age of Empires, etc.

As I dont really play all that many games on my laptop, the only RTS games that ive been able to play lately have been on the 360, which isnt really an RTS console, but Halo Wars is quite a good RTS game for the 360, its not the overly complicated style that you can sometimes get from the PC games, Halo Wars seems to simplify the whole RTS theme, and does it quite well...I havent really bothered to use the Covenant ^^

Another point of discussion(possibly), do you think that RTS games should be kept away from consoles like the 360, PS3, and kept as a PC exclusive genre, or not...and allow RTS games to be made for the console?

I've only ever really gotten into two RTS games; Warhammer 40k Dawn Of War and Warcraft 3. Both are good fun but WC3 is bollockin' hard if you're relatively new to the genre.

As for the console question; all I can say is I've enjoyed any RTS I played on pc, and I only ever played C&C on the PlayStation and I really didn't enjoy it. They don't seem to translate over well, although I can't put a finger on exactly why.

Well I usually don't like RTS games because, well i guess i just find them really boring. Though I do love the RTS game GrimGrimoire for PS2, but i don't know why. I guess i just love it's style.

Also i think that RTS games shouldn't be limited to PC as the only RTS game i like (GrimGrimoire as i mentioned) is for a console, and i think that shows that RTS can be done well on consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by SunAndSteel View Post
    Both are good fun but WC3 is bollockin' hard if you're relatively new to the genre.
    Is it really that hard if you're new to RTS? It was one of the first RTS (if not the first) i tested when a guy i knew pestered me to play it with him, and i found it pretty easy, but so damn boring though.

I've yet to play in multiplayer at all but the I find the skirmish A.I. to be pretty brutal even on Easy. At least in Dawn Of War I got to the stage where I could fight most armies on Hard or higher with T'au.

I'm a huge fan of RTS. My favourite RTS are Rise of Nations, Red Alerts (2&3) and Command and Conquer 3. Kessen III can be considered as an RTS as well (with RPG elements) so that too is my favourite!

IMO, RTS works best with mouse and keyboard! Shortcut keys make building, gathering, managing the army and resources a lot more easier.
    <a href=http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb154/Khmer4life_proud2b/a0f9mv.jpg target=_blank>http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...d2b/a0f9mv.jpg</a>

Thread Information